"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, January 8, 2016

My Plans for 2016

This year I was hesitant to set goals for 2016.  Something about two years in a row with life changing events made me nervous about trying again to have any health plans for the year.  Shoot, it made me nervous to make any kind of plans.  

So, I did some pondering, perusing and praying (as I posted a few minutes ago here) and I made up my own sheet to note my plans for 2016.  It's going to be folded in half and tucked in my Midori-style Journal later on.  



In a more legible format....

2016
My word:  CONFIDENCE
live it.  learn it.  teach it.
in God.  in myself.  in others.

This WILL happen: 

  • The girls graduate in June and will move to universities in summer. 
  • I will have a healthy and happy marriage.
This NEEDS to happen:
  • De-Clutter ... house and photos and boxes of stuff that hasn't been open in years.
  • Get to a healthier weight. 
This CAN happen:
  • Blog weekly at both sites.  a.k.a.  WRITE.
  • Get photos in albums.
  • Save up for big ticket items.
My motivation:  
  "Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old.   Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth;  shall you not know it?  I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."  Isaiah  43:18-19

THE ACTIONS TO MAKE THESE HAPPEN
  • I will not let self-doubt creep in, but will hold those thoughts and compare if they are true or not.  If not, I will let them go.  (understanding if it's a lesson I need to learn and not at attack on my person I will learn from it...)
  • The girls will do the school work!  I will plan a party, mail announcements, take Senior pictures and drive w/ my husband to move them...among other things.  :)
  • I will pray for my husband and keep our marriage a priority.  (Among so many distractions and "uglies" this can get lost and I decided it needed to be part of my goals this year, even though it's always something I strive to work on.)
  • KON MARIE METHOD!!  and NO NEW PROJECTS until this is complete... even if it takes all year.  
  • 21-Day Fix to get healthier choices and portions back in order.  YMCA - I will exercise at least 4-5 days a week, but my focus will be food as I am to hit 160 again.
[Insert pink note to self]
  The rest will only happen if the time needed to do so is "my best YES", or the best use of my time and money.
  • I want to write more, so blogging is how I will do it this year/for now.
  • I will use the Project Life App to document 2016, but only start other albums after I've organized photos.  Again...as I can.
  • If there are funds ... new bike for my husband and cookware and a bookcase for me/the house. 
So, there you have it!  I have plans.  They are realistic.  They fit the stage of life I'm in right now.  And they are plans that when completed will leave room for other dreams and possibilities I have for my future.  

Thanks for checking in.  I look forward to a good year ahead...one day at a time.  



4 comments:

  1. 160 is my goal too. It's where I am the happiest. I need to learn to maintain there! Great goals Leah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) 160 is where I was able to maintain for about a year and a half, so I know it's doable and I'm happy there. Looking forward to cheering each other on.

      Delete
  2. Excellent plans! Love that you have the actions to make them happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful and obtainable goals!! I love how you have action plans as well! Great job! You can do anything you put your mind to!

    ReplyDelete