My December goals were:
Thursday, December 31, 2009
My December goals were:
I feel it's now time to get into action. I'm sure I'll have my moments of deep thinking, but I'm going to try and spend as much energy on the here and now of my life as wife, mother, friend, etc. instead of spending so much time wondering, "Why?"
I will focus on goals I've set for myself (come back tomorrow to see) and I will do what I know to do. I know I can do this, I'm believing I can and I will do what it takes.
Thank you all for your support and have a safe and happy New Year's Eve!!
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Monday, December 28, 2009
Sunday, December 27, 2009
This year we purchased a Wii for our children for Christmas. This is the first gaming system they've ever had and were thrilled with it. To go along with the theme of the main gift and my new healthier, more fit lifestyle my husband got me a Wii Fit Plus and The Biggest Loser Wii game.
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Friday, December 25, 2009
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
- I wasn't afraid of eating half of my food even though everyone else was finishing all of there food.
- I noticed that my stomach doesn't take well to large amounts of grease. I ate smaller servings, but my tummy was a bit upset before bed each night. hhmm....
- I noticed I have a hard time saying no to food when I'm really not that hungry. I caught myself doing some boredom eating on the drive and made myself stop. Then at the dinner when we got to town and then when I got home Saturday night I wasn't really hungry, but I ate a little bit anyway. It made me a little sick because I wasn't really hungry and the greasy food didn't set well with me. However, because I hadn't had a full meal in a while I felt like I should eat. Nope. I need to learn to say, "No, I'm just not hungry yet."
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Monday, December 14, 2009
I am feeling much, much better today. Motivated. Ready to keep going. Ready to keep working on what it's going to take to reach my weight loss goals.
9 Hidden Reasons to Stay Motivated
Ways to Rediscover Your Drive
-- By Zach Van Hart, Staff Writer
Everyone tells us to stay motivated. Our friends, our co-workers, our relatives say to keep going, don’t quit. Sometimes, though, you ask, "Why? Why try my hardest when it ends in disappointment? Why go through something when it’s going to hurt? Why?" Because it’s going to be different this time! Because you can’t accomplish anything that you give up on. Disappointments and failures happen to everyone. The difference between those who reach their goals and those who don’t is staying motivated. If you’re motivated, you’ll keep going. If you keep going, eventually you’ll reach your goal. Need more reasons? Here are 10 of our ‘hidden’ reasons to stay motivated. Use one or all of them to keep the fire burning inside you.
1. Confidence How did it feel after that first jog around the block? Or when you finally walked the stairs at work without losing your breath? The more you accomplish, the more you’ll believe in yourself.
2. Fit into that dress It’s been hanging up in your closet for two years now, just waiting to be thrown on for a night on the town. All it takes is for you to go that extra mile and stay on track. Before you know it, those two years will be ancient history. 3. Make the week easier Ever felt like a week was taking forever? It feels like Friday, but it’s only Tuesday? This happens when you’re not working towards anything. When you have a goal in mind, you’ll want to cook that healthy dinner or go to the gym. The week will not only go faster, but be more enjoyable. 4. Gives you purpose Every once in a while, we need a good reason to get out of bed. Here it is, right in front of you. Eat the healthy breakfast that’s going to jump start your day, go for your morning jog, or walk to the driveway and grab the newspaper. When you’re motivated, you have a reason to do what you do. 5. For your kids And your grandkids. And their kids, too. The healthier you are, the longer you’ll be around to watch your kids grow and to spoil your grandchildren. They’ll want you to be around as long as possible; consider this just another present. 6. Power of momentum It’s a scientific fact – something in motion tends to stay in motion. Momentum builds quickly and can lead to great results. Suddenly, you’re not only working for the goal, but also to keep your streak alive. Even more reason to reach your goals.
7. The ‘wow’ effect Picture this: Walking into a restaurant, you run into someone from high school, and their eyes light up. They gasp, "Wow, you look great!" By sticking with your goals, this can happen. Watch the "wows" add up. 8. Spread the spark When friends and family see how hard you’re working, they’ll wonder how they can reach their own goals. Guess who they’re going to look to for help? By staying motivated, you’ll not only help yourself, but others too. 9. Keep gaining experience The more you do, the more you will learn and understand. You’ll discover which tactics work best for you and which ones don’t. It’s like weeding out the garden - not the most enjoyable job in the world, but when you’re done, all that’s left are beautiful flowers. Keeping sticking with it and soon it will be all flowers for you.
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
It's time for another Hot 100 Challenge update. I have good news and not-so-good news.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Monday, December 7, 2009
Friday, December 4, 2009
I wanted to take a minute and pass on a congratulations to Pam over at Journey To The Healthier Side of Life. She reached a big milestone in her weight loss journey and is a great inspiration to us all! Please feel free to stop by and give her a pat on the back here.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
My goals for month two of the Hot 100 Challenge were as follows:
Scale Goal: No. I did not reach 199 by Thanksgiving. As I mentioned in my month progress pics post I am a bit upset with this. I am buckling down to see if I can reach this by the end of the challenge.
Monday, November 30, 2009
|1.||satisfied with what one is or has; not wanting more or anything else.|
Ready to accept or acquiesce; willing:
But godliness with contentment is great gain.
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Diane so graciously awarded the Deborah award to me today on her blog. Little does she know that it was a great morale booster to me.I'm going to buckle down and try to reach a certain goal by the end of the year and this evening I've been really stressing about what I need to change to make it happen. I know I'll probably feel much better after I get some sleep, so I'm trying not to worry too much about it.
So, Diane thank you for the award and for your friendship and support during this weightloss journey of mine.
I am not going to pass it on just now, because I need to think a little more on it. :)
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
I'm a little behind in posting my Hot 100 update. I knew it was coming, but haven't checked blogs or anything since Thursday night I think.
Hello! Well, Thanksgiving week is upon us and there is so much to be done. I really love this time of year. I enjoy cooking up the Thanksgiving meal and baking some pies. I enjoy putting together some baked goods for friends and spending time with loved ones over the long holiday weekend.