Monday, January 31, 2011
Friday, January 28, 2011
Monday, January 24, 2011
The basic rules are that you need to run, walk, elliptical or bike a distance of your choice, on February 11th, 12th or 13th,and prove that you did so by submitting a photo with all the details to Lori.
She's even giving away prizes!!
So, what are you waiting for? Click here to read all the details and to sign up.
I'll be running a 5K (3.1 miles) on Friday, February 11th.
Let me know if you decide to join. I'd love to hear about it! :)
Saturday, January 22, 2011
Friday, January 21, 2011
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
- We've switched to 2% milk for him and the kids - for the first time ever. He's always drank whole milk and so have the kids until almost two weeks ago. He's made a few comments on it, but so far it's going over pretty good. I told the kids this was another change for the better, and I promised to only make one change per month. :)
- When at the grocery store last week I mentioned, "Oh, our one bag of chips is finally gone. Do you want to grab another one?" His reply was, "No." So we didn't. We've been limiting it to one bag of chips in the house, but not even that this week. :) We had hot dogs the other night with cucumber slices sprinkled with salt and lime (yea, anything tastes good with lime juice and salt!!!). Kids love 'em and no one missed chips! :)
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Monday, January 17, 2011
Friday, January 14, 2011
- It's not fair!
- I'm tired of fighting this battle!
- I'll never learn!
- I'll never be thin!
- I'll never overcome this issue in my life!
- I'm probably fighting something that's just meant to be..a chubby Leah.
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Monday, January 10, 2011
Friday, January 7, 2011
Thursday, January 6, 2011
- Get as close to my goal of 130/135 as I can.
- Get to running regularly and have my speed faster than it is now.
- Using Tap and Track to journal my calories daily, I think right now I'm at 1200 net calories a day, so about 1500 when I work out heavy. I'm going to double check on that.
- Allowing myself only one high calorie day a week.
- Drinking at least 64 oz. of water daily.
- Exercising at least four days a week, maybe even upping the intensity when my schedule allows.
Monday, January 3, 2011
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Well, I've enjoyed a nice, lazy New Year's day today. The busyness of the holidays is over and we just stayed home and kicked back. It was so nice!
It's kind of funny, but I don't have any deep poetic thought about a new year. That is, except that I'm am so ready to get back to my new normal way of eating. For the first time in my life I have indulged and I'm really done with all the indulgences. They were fun while they lasted, but my body and mind are ready to get back to work on weight loss.
This is a new concept for me. Usually I'm telling myself that I have to get back on track because I know I need to, not really because I want to. The past day or so I've already found myself cutting back without really meaning to because I'm just done with the junk and large servings.
Next week life will get back to my new normal and I am ready for it.
Oh, one more thing...
I also wanted to share this link with you. Jen over at Prior Fat Girl posted today about why she started her healthiness journey. It's fairly short, and oh so inspiring. You can read it by clicking here.
Until next time....