"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, October 7, 2016

Healthy Holidays Challenge - Check In #2

I was an OU wife for 4 years and now I'm an OU mom.
Whew!  What a busy day I've had.  One of my daughters is home for the weekend and we enjoyed lunch after she got here and then chatting has happened between this and that.  

But here I am and here is my check-in report for this past week: 
  1. I will exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes, 4-5 days a week.  4 days done!  No exercise last Saturday, but I did get 4 solid days done this week.  I'd like to say I might do something tomorrow, but it's the Red River Rivalry game tomorrow and I can only promise enjoying the day with my family cheering our Sooners on. 
  2. I will track my food at least 6 days a week.  Done.  Barely.  I almost didn't want to track one day after seeing a hot fudge sundae I was about to eat was 27 points.  What the?!?!  But I committed to tracking everything, so I tracked it and went on.  
  3. I will drink at least 32 ounces of pure water a day.  Done.  Knowing this is one of my goals has made me consciously make sure to get my water in....especially on Sundays.  :)  
  4. I will enjoy the holidays, but not forget my new ending in life includes making the best choice for ME -- whether that's having something in moderation or saying no.  Earlier this week I had a rough day.  Not the rough day I blogged about, but a different one.  Actually, it was simply a rough afternoon...and it's the day I had the sundae.  I went to bed feeling emotionally awful, but the good news is I woke up fine and I didn't allow it to push me to throw the week to the wind.  There's a good chance I won't see a loss on Monday, but I'm okay with that.  
How was your week? 

Even if you're not following along formally in the challenge feel free to share how things are going with Halloween candy and fall baking in full swing.  

I am going to go get myself ready for the high school football game tonight.  We had a lovely rain this morning and it feels chilly and cold out right now -- just like an autumn evening should in my book.  :)

And yeah...we're just a little excited about the game and proud supporters
of our Sooners!!  :D

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leah! I forgot to check in before the long weekend, but I'm here now!
    #1 - Had three workouts last week so check off that one. #2 - Dropped a little on the scale so I am already in good shape for the Nov. 1 goal as long as I keep my head on straight. #3 - Navigated the Halloween candy aisle at the grocery store yesterday thinking I would pick some up to start stockpiling (we get a TON of kids at our house). But then I just KNEW that having it in the house three weeks early would be a disaster for my willpower. Why set myself up for failure when I've been feeling so good? So I decided to wait.

    And I had a bonus non-scale victory: my husband was out of town for work two nights this week. It's embarrassing to admit, but when he goes out of town my eating usually goes off the rails. I sit on the couch and plow through junk food while watching too much TV. This time I made it to the gym as planned and bought NO additional food while he was gone.

    Glad to hear you had a good week with your goals too! Getting to check off those boxes really feels good doesn't it?
    Suz, Northern Virginia

    ReplyDelete