"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, April 12, 2013

Weigh-In ... Signed Up

Today's Weight:  167.0
Loss/Gain: -2.0 (this week)

I didn't post last week, but I was up 5 lbs from our trip, so technically I'm down 2.  I'll take it and smile!  

This week I'm pleased to share two things: 

  • I ran my fastest 5K the other day... 3.10 in 32:38  and it was warm and sunny out!!  
  • I signed up for my 10K race in May - 8th Annual Run for the Warriors.




Due to some hectic, rather stressful times over the last month or so I have not been following the 10K training plan I adopted for myself at the beginning of the year.  HOWEVER, I have been getting back into running and know that I will be fine.  

Yesterday I ran for 4 miles and made it in just under 44 minutes.  If I can run this 10K with an average pace of 11:00 minute miles or less I will be content.  

So, now on to another week and time for me to get going so I can get my housecleaning done today.  Have a good weekend and thanks again for checking in! 

p.s.  I forgot to share this sweetness... my husband said he is has begun running again, but taking it easy so he won't be injured and can run a 10K with me in the future.  He had pushed to hard in the recent past and had major issues with shin splits and plantar fasciitis.  Awww... he's planning to run with me... he'll always be faster than me, but I love being able to do a race with him!  XO

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for getting back on track after your vacation.

    Yeah for the great 5K time! And for signing up for another 10K.

    I am jealous your husband is starting to run again too. I so wish my husband would start exercising again (the only time since I've known him that he exercised was when I was 8-9 months pregnant the first time and he lost a bunch of weight *grr*). I worry about shin splints and plantar fascitis coming back as well so I am trying to take it slowly, as frustrating as that is!

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great loss this week Leah!!! Can't believe your doing a 10K. You've come so far in this journey and it's neat to see what you can accomplish!
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete