"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, August 9, 2013

Weigh-In ... New Tool for Success

Today's Weight:  163.5
Loss/Gain:  -3.5 lbs.

I have written two posts today, so please don't forget to scroll down and catch the other post as well.  Since I'm letting my legs recuperate from my long run this morning I figured I'd catch up on some thoughts, but they needed to be in separate posts, because I have some very different stuff to share.  

That almost sounds confusing...anyway. 

I'm super excited about this loss, because I know I worked hard for it.  I wasn't diligent every day this week, but probably about 6 out of 7 days.  Sunday I totally blew it and informed my family I do not need a full McDonalds meal at night anymore after church.  Yikes.  

But, as I mentioned in my earlier post, I was careful on the other days, especially knowing I blew it on Sunday.  It was not so easy, but I made myself behave so I could see a loss this week.  

As my title suggests I've also added another tool into my weight loss arsenal.  After much thinking I decided to purchase this: 
Okay, I already have an iPhone, but I am now using the Bodymedia Fit Link to track my calorie burn.  It automatically syncs with My Fitness Pal, so I am able to continue to tracking my food with that app.  It also syncs with it's app on my phone, so I can check my calorie burn any time during the day and see where I'm at; or correctly gauge what I burn during exercise.  

So far I love it.  I've learned a lot from it already.  Maybe later I'll do a review of it, but for now I'm simply letting you know because I'm going to make Fridays my weigh-in day AND the day I post my weekly stats from the Bodymedia Fit.  I will post stats from Friday to Thursday.

I've never posted my food journal on here, but I decided that I would do this to help make me a little more accountable as I work towards getting to a goal weight that I feel I can maintain.  I'm still learning about how much to eat and how much to burn, but for now I'm trying to keep my calorie deficit between 500-1000 calories a day to lose 1-2 lbs a week.  

Here's the stats from this past week: 


As always, thank you so much for checking in.  Knowing I'm not a lady who is losing her weight quickly I am always grateful for those who stick around, and for those who are new to my blog I hope I can encourage you that weight loss is possible as long as you never quit trying.  

Have a great weekend everyone!  I'm off to get things together for a 36-hour kids camp.  Whee! 

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the loss!
    You deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the loss! I have a go wearfit. I wore it for almost a year. Then I took a break, then I wore it again. It is good to check in periodically with it. It's nice because you can stop and start the subscription :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome week, Leah! And I love your new toy. I mean fitness equipment. :)

    My go-to order at McD's when people want to stop there is the yogurt parfait. It has a bit more sugar than the better yogurts but it beats a full meal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went and read both posts. First, congratulations on the 11 mile run and for balancing mom time and Leah time! That is one of the hardest struggles we have as moms.

    I have seen people use that device and I always wondered if it was worth the investment! I'll look forward to seeing how you like it!

    ReplyDelete