"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Some of My Holiday Treats

In the years since beginning my weight loss journey I've noticed I do not bake as much as I used to.  In fact, both this year and last year I decided to make non-sweet Christmas treats for my kids' teachers.

I've done a little baking of some holiday favorites to keep and give to a few special people in our lives, but the only cookies I'll be baking this year will be for our Christmas service Wednesday night.
Don't get me wrong.  I've been eating my share of junk this past week or two, but I have to say by the end of the day I'm not feeling as well because of it.  I know...dumb.  If I don't feel good overeating why do I do it?  It's actually not just the sweets, as much as it is I'm being reminded I just can't hold as much food as I used to, nor can I handle greasy food like before.  *sigh*

That's why I loved this little goodie bag some elderly women in our church made for us wives and moms.  They said it was an "energy" treat to keep us going for the holidays.

Trail mix...a good blend of various nuts, cheerios and a few chocolate pieces in there to add some sweetness.  I now have a good idea of what to make the teachers next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment