"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Motivational (Monday) - "She's not fat!"

I meant to post this on Monday, but the days flew by...so here I am. 

Last Friday my husband shared a fun little story with me.  He had a conversation somewhat like this at his work: 

Scene:  A young woman with a one-year-old baby is lamenting her need to lose the "baby weight", but saying her husband doesn't think she needs to lose any weight.  She is not sure if he is saying this so she won't feel bad or because he really does love her how she looks right now.  (Note:  My husband said she is by no means overweight, but she just carries a little extra weight in her torso and thighs.)

My husband walks in on this and hears conversation about the fact that men should love their women even if they are overweight, yada yada and he pipes up with, "My wife gained weight and it didn't matter to me." 

A different lady who works in the front office blurts out, "Doc, you're wife aint fat!  She's skinny!  I've seen her."  

Someone else mentioned, "Or did she used to be bigger?"

Smiling, he explained yes I had been heavier and lost a lot of weight, but when I was overweight he loved me just the same.  Then he proceeded to show them a picture of me heavier and they were like, "Oh..."  

I'm not skinny, but I was still tickled that the few times I've been at this new clinic were enough for this lady to make that comment.  She is a big overweight herself and I remember the days when I would've thought the same of someone my size in comparison to my 5' 4" 230 pound self.  

I didn't start on this journey to look "skinny" and I don't keep pressing on solely for that reason, but it was still motivating to me to hear that I'm no longer thought of as the "fat" lady.  I'm struggling a bit right now, so when my husband shared that with me I was encouraged to keep going.  

No comments:

Post a Comment