"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, May 13, 2016

Weigh-In ... 5% Down

This week's weight: 191.2 lbs.
Loss/Gain: -1.4 lbs.

I almost sat down and wrote my blog post before going to my meeting on Monday so that you would know how my week went no matter what the scale said.  The leader has suggested doing something to that affect so that you don't decide how well you did simply by a number on the scale. 

Now I think I should've done it, because then all I would've had to do was come home, add in the weight and the post would've went live right on time.  

Have I mentioned having an Etsy shop, exercising and planning a graduation for twins (on top of regular life) keeps a person busy?  lol 

I love every minute of it, so I can't complain.  

Last week went really well.  My husband and I went out of town for an overnight marriage retreat where I had no idea what food would be served.  So, I planned for it all week, leaving my extra weekly points saved up for the weekend.  

Friday night a dinner of baked chicken, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans and a peach pie were served.  I had small helping of everything and wasn't even full.  

I took along my trusty protein bar for breakfast, forgoing the pastries served, and then enjoyed the lasagna and salad served at lunch.  They made these yummy garlic knot rolls.  I took one bite and my husband put out his hand for the rest, insisting he was "helping" me.  :D  I was glad for the help. 

Honestly, I felt I'd be fine for that part of the week, but then he took me for a burger on Saturday night and I thought that would be my undoing.  

But let me tell you... it was the best burger I've had in a while.  A medium-sized burger with brisket and A1 sauce mixed in, topped with smoked bacon and a slice of smoked cheddar and lettuce and onion.  Oh my.  Worth. every. bite. 

I was careful on Sunday, and decided no matter what the scale said on Monday I had done well and I would be content.  Of course, when I saw I lost over a pound I was super thrilled.  :)  Every little bit adds up and in the right direction now.  It's a good feeling. 

I'm now at 10.6 pounds lost and reached my 5% weight loss goal and my second 5lb star.  Whee!  

Thanks for checking in!  

No comments:

Post a Comment