"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Good Eats, Back to Exercise and Books

I still have company for another week, well I did as of my WW meeting on Monday when I weighed in, and I am allowing myself to be in a semi-vacation mode until I have my house completely back to ourselves.
Breakfast for dinner, Mexican style -- chilaquiles
"Ooey, Gooey Butter Cake" that we fell in love with,
and I've decided I shouldn't make too often.
It's delicious!  (of course...it's Paula Deen!)




















That being said I have been back to work in the exercise department and it paid off this past week.  

I was down -2.6 pounds!  

Getting ready for my meeting I was like, "Please, Lord, I don't care if it's -0.2 or the same, please, please don't let me see another gain."  *smirk*  (Like it's all up to Him if I gain or lose weight... not.) 

It was refreshing to see that the gain I had the week before might have been lots of water or the heavy meal I had the night before.  Who knows? 

All, I know is I've been back exercising and that feels good.  

Even more fun is having this crew along with me at the YMCA every morning.  It makes my heart happy to see that they want to be healthy as well.  
Don't let my son fool you... he loves showing off muscles after a workout! ;)

Another happy I'm enjoying this summer so far is seeing my girls burying themselves in books after the post-workout shower.  I was a book worm growing up, and still immerse myself in audio books while I work on projects, and I LOVE seeing my kids reading.  

My son has to read two books this summer and do some sort of homework on them for his AP English/Literature class in the fall, so he settled for a joke book at the bookstore this week and drives us nuts with those...when we're not reading.  lol

That's all for now. I hope you're weeks are going well.  It's getting hot here in Texas and makes me grateful for air conditioning and the money to pay the bill!  :) 

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. yay for the loss! It's hard when there is company ... doubly so, I'm sure when they cook! I don't miss that Texas heat at all ...

    ReplyDelete