"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful Days - Throwdown Challenge


It is the end of Thanksgiving Day for us here in the United States. I've had a wonderful day of cooking, visiting, cleaning up and then relaxing with my family and visiting grandparents. It's been quiet and cozy.

Since it is Thursday it is also my weigh-in day and I did indeed weigh myself. My munching, M&M crunching week resulted in a 0.5 pound gain. Being that I've been pretty PMS'y lately, I'm not surprised and I'm thankful I reigned in the craziness before it ended up being much, much more. I have been drinking TONS of water and I'm sure that helped.

Now on to my Thankful Thoughts for Thursday. (nice, huh .. LOL )

I want to take a minute to share my thankfulness for Barb for inviting me to be in this challenge with her. I was shocked she would ask me, and touched that she considered me a friend enough to ask me. I tend to freeze up during weight-loss challenges, but I figured I'd agree and, if nothing else, be a cheerleader for her to reach her goals. Now, three weeks into the month, I find myself actually losing weight and being in the lead. A small miracle considering my track record.

Joining Barb in this challenge has proven to be greatly motivating for me. Even this week of mindless eating was curbed in because I knew I had to weigh-in today. I'm grateful she asked, and I'm even more grateful that she hasn't given up herself, even if her weeks haven't been what she may have wanted.

We have one more week to go and I will not get lazy. She could still come from behind. :)

1 comment: