"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Too Much Coffee

I had five cups of coffee today. Five.

I always start my day with a cup and then have my second cup somewhere around 2:00 in the afternoon. Rarely do I have any more than that. I have a little 4-cup pot, so those two cups a day are it. Lately I've really gotten to ordering hot tea if I stop at Starbucks at Target, but not today.

Today I was cold, so I had extra coffee at home. Then a friend stopped by for a cup and number four made it's way down my throat. In the evening I had a cup - after 8:00 pm - while at a practice at our church. I think that was the final straw.

And five cups is why at midnight my mind is wired, but my body wants rest. This is not good. Not only have I had TONS of caffeine, but I am not going to get a full night's rest.

Also, I've noticed that as my mind is racing it's reminding me of how awful I feel during TOM and how I've munched again this week, and how I really, really need to get back on track to eating better. It's been an off two weeks for me health wise, and a mind that has nothing better to do than think a lot late into the evening can come up with some scary thoughts that have to be put into submission.

Thus my blogging at midnight to remind myself...

Note to self: Get back to drinking the green tea after the morning coffee. Too much coffee is not good for you - physically or emotionally.

G'nite all!

1 comment: