"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Thursday, October 20, 2011

In My Spare Time

Just in case you ever wonder what I do when I'm not being a wife, mother, blogger, exerciser...

Here's a few things I like to do in my spare time:
  • Make felt ornament crafts - usually around the holidays. I made this pumpkin one for a friend of mine that does not live in the south. I've seen that phrase and thought it'd be a cute "touch of the south" gift for her. All done by hand.

  • Try new recipes. Like Lori's pumpkin custard oats, which were delicious..though I had to add more splenda to sweeten it up for me.

  • Create digital scrapped creations like this cutie owl card I made today for fun...and because I have recently purchased two adorable owls for my house and was in the mood to be creative.
  • Oh, and shop, of course, especially when I have gift cards from my birthday (in July) like the one I was able to use today at Pier 1 to buy this adorable little owl. We've named her "Miss Picket" since her apron (I'm also in love with aprons) looks a little like a picket fence


So, that's my interesting post for today, which means things are going pretty good and I've nothing else to report. I'm exercising, eating better and hoping for good things to continue on the scale.

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. You are your mothers daughter Leah! Like her you make really cute crafty things!

    ReplyDelete