"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Just One of Those Days

Oh my!  It's already 1:00 pm and I feel like I'm finally getting on with my day...it's just been one of those days.

I have these days every once in a while where I wake up exhausted and have to take a break.

So, I took the kids to school and when I came home I put on an old radio show to listen to and lie down on the couch.  I know if I'm truly as tired as I feel I'll fall asleep before the 30-minute show is over and I'll be out for a bit.  If I'm just lazy, I won't be able to sleep and will get up at the end of the show.

Well, I woke up almost two hours later.

The last couple of weeks have been non-stop in my life.  Last week was the busiest with every minute of every day seeming to be filled with something.  I got pretty decent sleep every night, but my days were so jam packed full that I think it wore me out.

So, now I've had a morning of rest, got showered and started my laundry.  I still have projects I'm working on and extra things/events I'm doing that are out of our normal life, but I know they will get done.  My body just reaches a point where it needs a break from the 'to-do's and today I took care of that.

Now I just have to remind myself that one unplanned day of rest from working out is not going to ruin my race this Saturday...darn those mind battles...especially for those of us who are so stuck on routines and planning.  :)  As my friend told me after I told her about my break "It's good to listen to your body...it might help you to be refreshed before your race."

That's going to be my story, and I'm stickin' to it.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who needs some "down time" once in a while. Smart girl for listening to your body! Good luck with your race!

    ReplyDelete