"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

An NSV Conversation, Maybe?

A short conversation between hubby and I last night:

Me:  I think I'm going to have to quit wearing this skirt (a FAVORITE linen skirt of mine).
Husband:  Why?
Me:  Because it makes me feel fat.  It's getting too big on me and I think my hips are poking out but really it's the skirt bunching up.  [grabbing two inches from side seam]
Husband:  You should like to wear it then [insert confused look from me]...because then you know that you're really smaller than the skirt.  Woo Hoo!  [hugging me to death here]

He's so silly.  :)  I do love that skirt, but I think I need to get it altered or give it away.  *sniff*  I actually have the same skirt in two colors, because I love them.  They are so comfortable, but I'm noticing when I wear them lately I feel so frumpy and, well, fat, and I realized it's because they bunch up now at the waist.

So, we'll see what I do about the skirts...I didn't exactly agree with him, but it was a more positive way of looking at the situation...to see the bunching as an award for hard work versus frumpiness.

side note:  After the hugging stopped I told my husband I remember the skirt (size 18) getting too small for me, and then struggling to fit into it by pulling it up a few inches and rolling the waist down a bit with it not closed entirely, just so I could wear it again after I lost a few pounds.  It's an a-line so as I pulled higher up it fit better, and it was still plenty long enough.  Now it's practically to my ankles and sits loosely on me, bunching up where there is elastic in the back.   Nice.

1 comment:

  1. I would see this as a NSV victory. Bunching can be a good thing when it's because a clothing item is bigger!

    ReplyDelete