"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Tuesdays Unwrapped - Christmas

This post has been brewing in my mind since late Christmas Eve, but I was busy enjoying time with my family and was not able to write it until just now.  This is the last of my "Tuesdays Unwrapped" posts for the Christmas season.  

Tomorrow will be back to normal weight loss blogging.  :)  



This Christmas was wonderful for me.  It has been an absolutely crazy busy month for us and while we had fourteen extra people over for dinner on Christmas Eve we spent Christmas Day alone.  

Fun.  Quiet.  Lounging.  Eating.  Peaceful. 

It was glorious.  

We didn't have to be anywhere or do anything specific.  I prepared meals throughout the day that were simple and didn't do any major cleaning until cleaning up the kitchen after the evening meal.  

I loved it.  

More than all the lazy, lounging fun I also loved the reason for such peace in our home. 

The birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  

My husband and I are born again Christians.  Our devotion to Jesus and making God the head of our home is why we can all stay home and enjoy our time together.  

He is why we all want to be together on a holiday.

Not everyone's home is like this, and I'm aware of how very blessed I am that no matter what happens in my life God is in control of it all.  

We sing a swing beat worship song in our church with a verse that goes like this: 

God is greater than my problems,  greater than my fears,
He is greater than my failings and faithful through the years
He is greater than the enemy and every human plan
Every word of God will always stand

Yes, God is greater and His word will always stand.  And this Christmas I was reminded of that.  May we never forget the reason behind this season...




1 comment:

  1. What a great picture of your family Leah! You look radiant! We had a wonderful Christmas too - very relaxing and took the time to remember the reason we celebrate it - Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete