"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, December 31, 2012

Weigh-In ... Expected Holiday Gain

Today's Weight:  169.0
Loss/Gain:  +1.5 lbs.

Okay, first off...I meant to hop on here Friday and post this weight quick, even if I didn't have time to write anything else, but my time got away from me.  After days of being lazy I got busy again cleaning up house and preparing things for my twins' birthday.  My girls are 15 years old today!

Back to my weight...

Short Story:
I was embarrassed of my weight, but want to be honest.  This was a weird week and I overate way too much.  Now I am ready to reign things back in, so I knew the weight will come back off.  Silver Lining is I did exercise two days last week...which is better than none.

Long Story:
I must admit I almost didn't post my weight on Friday.  I was embarrassed in a way.  Not so much because of the number, but because of how I'd been eating from about Christmas Eve on.  Oh my! I texted my mom and my accountability partner/best friend, but I was like "oh my!! I'm a horrible example during the holidays!!"  So, I didn't want to post my weight.

However, one thing I have always committed to on this blog is to being honest and posting my weight every week no matter how bad or good it is.

So, there it is.  Three pounds heavier than when I started my last-100-days-of-the-year-challend, and ten pounds over where I wanted to be.  Darn.

Now, I titled this post as the "Expected Holiday Gain", but something happened this past week or so that I did not expect.

My mind went into a sort of pre-weight loss journey mode and I was eating like I used to.  There's lots of thoughts going through my mind about why this happened and maybe if I figure it out I'll come back to write more about it later.

It was just plain weird...and scary.

And it didn't even feel well.

The food--mainly junk and candy--tasted good going in, especially early in the day, but as the day progressed my stomach would begin to get upset.  Tums became my evening snack more than a few evenings.

My body is simply not into eating like I used to, but for some reason I didn't stop.  That's the part that scared me a little.

Thankfully, it has scared me enough to remember that I don't want to go back to a 232-pound inactive mom.  So, my mind is ready to get back to work eating better.

I also want to figure out what possessed me to binge like that.  I hate that word, but I think that's kind of what I was doing.  After the kids go to school I'll have more time to think and get my thoughts down and in order.  I can't help but feel like if I can figure out why I did that, then I'll be better prepared to not repeat it next year.

Oh, and I did go to the gym twice last week and once my son and husband joined me.  There's the silver lining to this cloud of mixed-up-ness.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment