"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, July 5, 2013

Independence Celebrations

Here's a little snippet into my life...

My family and I went up to Washington, DC a week ago for a couple days and we had a lot of fun.  We saw some historical sites and then participated in a God and Country presentation our church took part in at the bottom of the Lincoln Memorial.  

I sing and had the honor of singing the National Anthem and some other patriotic music with a band from our church.  There was narration and reenactments of historical events during our presentation.  We were able to perform twice.  To be able to stand at our nation's capitol and share the truth that our nation was founded on the gospel of Jesus Christ was amazing.

My daughter took video clips and I put this together to share:  

We also enjoyed a beautiful day at the beach on the 4th of July with some friends.  Then we went home to shower and change and go out to a local park to watch fireworks.  We enjoyed a "fair food" dinner and shared funnel cake.  It was a long, but very fun day. 


Today it's back to normal.  Kind of... I'm going to get some groceries and then pick up the house because we have four little ones coming over to stay for the week while their parents go out of town to a conference.  They are 8 and under, so it's going to be a busy place around here.

More summertime adventures for us.  :)  

Thanks for checking in and I hope you all had a nice holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment