"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Saturday, July 27, 2013

My [Real] Runner Moments - July

Here are a few moments that have happened in my life lately and I still think, "ME?  This is me??", because I never dreamed I'd become a runner.  And while I always said I wanted to do a half marathon before I turned forty, I also didn't dream I'd actually enjoy the process as much as I have been.

You know you're a real runner when...
-->Your daughter says, "No, mom doesn't need that (food item) because she's training for a half marathon."
  
-->A friend gives you an iTunes gift card for more "running tunes".


-->You check the weather for the next day to see if you'll still be able to get your run in. 

-->When stress hits you think, "I just need to run!" and wish you had a treadmill, so you could run and still be around the house for your kids, or because it's too dark to go out. 

-->You pass by a group of ladies and here, "Oh, Leah's a runner!" and someone wants to ask you about it.  


-->The training schedule says "5 miles" and you think, "Easy run tomorrow!  Yay!!" 


-->You get excited about things like a hydration belt, or figuring out how to best handle the heat and humidity for a run. 


-->Someone invites you over on a Friday and you think, "Will I get to bed early enough to be well rested on Saturday morning?  That is my long run after all." :)


-->You're willing to inform someone that you have to leave your schedule open on a certain morning, or meet them a little later in the morning, to make sure you have time to get in your run and shower (without running at 5:30, because this lady needs her sleep!!)


-->You say, "Pizza sounds great!" on a Friday, because you know it will be good carb loading for the long Saturday run.  

-->Okay...and it's kind of fun when your teenage daughter says she loves that she can tell people her mom can run 8 miles.  

As I said, these are just moments that have been occurring in my life lately; and like the other morning when I was lacing my shoes and getting excited to go run I still can't believe this is me talking.  It's such a new and great feeling!

1 comment: