"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, October 6, 2014

Motivational Monday - It's My Pleasure

As I was running last week I heard Heather from Half My Size make this comment:

"Finding a healthier body should be a pleasure, not a punishment."

Do you know how many times I've felt like my slower metabolism, and taste for high-fat, high-sugar foods are a curse and need to punished by healthier eating and exercise???  Assuming you follow my blog because you are also striving to live a little healthier I'm sure you can relate. 

When I heard that comment though, I actually stopped to type it out exactly as she said it because I wanted to remind myself healthier food choices and regular exercise need not be punishment for me being "bad".  Instead, as a fellow blogger friend told me once, it's like I have an illness that needs special attention.  

When I'm completely honest I would not exercise or give a care if I ate less sugar/breads if I was thin.  Sad to some, but true. 

However, I know diabetes runs in my family and I know my joints were already feeling the weight of my unhealthy lifestyle (pun intended), so I was happy to begin making some changes to prevent myself from going farther down the path of an unhealthy lifestyle. 

And while there are times I groan because I can't eat "whatever"(all the time) or I may not feel like I want to exercise, I know I always feel better when I do what is better for my body.  

In fact, when I finished my run that day I said to no one in particular... "It's my pleasure!" to make healthier choices.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment