"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, October 10, 2014

Weigh-In ... Results Follow Basic Steps

Today's Weight:  172.0
Loss/Gain:  - 4.0 lbs

Well, I wasn't expecting that, except that the only other day I weighed myself this week I was down and last week I saw 173 on the scale.  So, I guess it shouldn't have surprised me as much as it did. 

It's funny how this week I had a few moments where I overate and felt like I was never going to get the hang of it;  but at the same time I had more moments where I felt back to my normal healthier self and made simple, basic choices for healthier living.

It's funny, but just when I feel like giving up I find what it takes to keep going and then results follow.  I think the determination to make this the "last time" I lost that large amount of weight and the determination to never go back is what pulls me through.

*Contented sigh*

Tomorrow is my 10K race and I am ready.  Last week I ran 5 miles and was able to maintain a pace close to a 12:00 minute mile.  This will be my slowest 10K, but at least my pace has picked up since my first 6-mile run a month or so ago.  

I will have to try and not think too much about how slow I am right now and remind myself that at least I can run for 6.2 miles.  That's more than I ever dreamed of years ago.

The weather has been gorgeous in the mornings, so I'm looking forward to enjoying a nice run tomorrow.  This race weaves in and out of some wooded areas, so it's always enjoyable for me.

Have a nice weekend and thanks for checking in!  

3 comments:

  1. My last race was 2 weeks ago and I think my legs are still a bit sore. Good luck to your race!! And congrats for that unexpected weight loss. =)

    ReplyDelete