"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Holiday Happenings

I can hardly believe it has been two weeks since I posted last.  At the same time with everything I've been doing I'm not surprised.  I decided to use my Project Life App to share what the holidays have looked like in my neck of the woods.  :)  

First there was an ornament party I threw at the beginning of the month.  It's becoming a tradition for me and my lady friends and we had a great time.  I love doing it, but it slightly stresses me out since I have to switch from Thanksgiving to Christmas decor in a week to get this done right.  lol

Basketball season has started up, so that means lots of driving to and from practices and games.  One of my daughters made varsity this year (GO HER!!) and the other is the team manager. 

We had fun picking out our tree from a local lot and then using the excess branches to decorate around the house.  

At the last minute I decided to make some scrabble ornaments and get my nails painted festively.  Whee!  The little things....

I managed to get some good runs in until my foot decided to act up, and then my knee...and well, I'll be posting about that later.  When I googled "pain in front of knee" every listing came up "runner's knee".  I'm less-than-thrilled, but taking a break to allow it to heal.  It's been painful for about a month and since it didn't improve I knew it was time to do something about it.  Ice and ibuprofen help too and I can already tell things are getting better.  

As of last night I finished up my holiday baking, but it all started with those little pretzel goodies that are oh, so easy and oh so tasty!

This is the year of singing and stockings for me!  I decided to sew up stockings for all of my nieces and nephews for Christmas and that turned into making one for their parents and aunt and uncle and my mother-in-law as well.

To follow the same theme, I went with making mini stockings for my kids' teachers filled with a  couple homemade treats for Christmas.  

My son joined me in participating in our church's Walk through Bethlehem event.  I sang in a few of the scenes and he helped keep fire pits alive -- it was outside and went very well.  I also work with the teens girls at our church and participate in a caroling group that goes and sings at a nursing home and the hospital at least once a year.  

My son has also had physical therapy three times a week, so the offices have seen me work on Christmas cards, baby blankets, fixing a stocking and such as I have to stay in the building while he has therapy.  My husband helped a lot in coming to take over when he could get off work early, usually so I could run and grab a daughter from practice... anyway... We had a great doctor's report this month that things are looking good, and we played around while waiting for said doctor...noticing that my son's size 10 men's feet make mine look tiny.  

By last Friday I had to stop everything and just CLEAN!  I've been keeping up good enough on the house, but my kitchen had become a disaster.  It felt so good to get some major cleaning done and I felt like I could go ahead and enjoy the rest of my Christmas preparations/festivities after my kitchen received a thorough cleaning.  

I hope you have been enjoying your holiday season as much as we have.  Tonight we have company coming over for our annual pozole dinner and then it's relaxation time.  I have a few more presents to wrap, but that's always enjoyable for me.  We have plans to do nothing but spend time together as a family for Christmas; probably laying around watching Christmas movies to our hearts' content.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you can enjoy these last days of Christmas fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment