"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Eating is Going Well

Five days into the 21-day fix and I'm actually doing it!  I, "never-sticks-to-a-strict-diet-plan", Leah am sticking to the plan.  :)  Today the thought came to me, "I'd actually show people what I'm eating lately, because it look so healthy."  

I'm not into food shaming, but I've always stayed away from showing what I eat because I've known it's not the healthiest choices.  I figured the scale shows what's really going on, even if I try and hide it, so why put myself out there to be criticized for what I'm putting in my mouth.  

I'm also a firm believer in "all things in moderation" for life.  I mean, I did manage to lose weight eating things I liked, but in smaller portions.  The problem in the past year is some of those things began to get eaten out of control and weight came back on.  

Right now I'm being a little stricter and eating pretty healthy and it actually feels good. (Go ahead and chuckle...I know "Imagine that!" lol )

I peeked at the scale and it seems to be working. No dramatic loss, just down and not up.  This is good.  

Today my son saw me measuring my almonds for a snack and asks, "How many do you get?" as I was sneaking two extra out of the canister before putting it back in the pantry.  I told him I was having two extra, but I am allowed 12 for a serving.  

I turn around to see him chewing.  "Did you eat two of my almonds?!?" I asked. 

He grins and said he did, "...I'm just helping you stick with it, Mom!", he says in his defense.  

A slugged him in his arm and thanked him for his help.  

So, it's going well.  I'm still learning how to spread my food over the day so I'm not starving.  So far I've been eating three meals and an afternoon snack, sometimes I have a second snack of fruit in the evening for "dessert".  

I am glad I decided to do this and I look forward to continuing on with my healthier choices and more trying-to-lose-weight portions.  It's weird to not feel stuffed after a meal, but it's really nice not to feel stuffed at the end of the day too.  Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leah! I think you have a sound plan going, as long as you make sure to eat enough protein and natural fats, because they keep hunger (the physical kind) at bay. I love that you slugged your son's arm. (I assume playfully. LOL) Good job, all around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the best method is to eat all things in moderation- it worked for me too, but I also stopped watching my portions, etc. and gained the weight back.

    ReplyDelete