It's that time of year again! With fall barely beginning to peak out in some parts of the country, the Halloween candy is filling the aisles, the fall (and even Christmas) decor is stacked in the craft stores and men and women who worry about their health are already beginning to talk about how they will make it past the mounds of candy, baked goods and food gatherings.
Well, if I may offer a suggestion...
But first a little back story: For a few years in the beginning of my weight loss journey a blogger did a "Hot 100" challenge to help us focus on our health during the last 100 days of the year. Then it stopped as life took over.
Because it was so motivating for me, last year I thought it would be nice to revive that concept and I hosted my own challenge. It seemed to go over real well with the participants (you'll hear from a couple next week) and helping others enjoy the holidays without throwing caution to the wind in turn helped me as well.
Plus, all participants, who stick with it, will be entered to win a healthy prize package at the end of the challenge! Woot! Free stuff! [grin]
Here are the details:
Challenge begins: Friday, September 23, 2016
Signup: Here on the blog or on my Instagram account @mynewending on the "Commitment/Goal Announcing" Post.
- You must set at least one health-related goal for yourself. It is your choice if you'd like to pick a goal that challenges you for the seasons or that will help you simply stay on track throughout the season.
- Feel free to pick more than one goal. One year I picked a physical goal and and emotional goal. Be creative, really think about what YOU need to help yourself stay healthy while you enjoy your holiday season.
- Check in every Friday with an update to how you are doing with your goal(s). I will have a Friday post up both here and on Instagram for you to comment with your update.
- You may miss up to 3 check-ins/updates to be eligible for the drawing at the end. So, three weeks you can skip an update and still be in the challenge. (This helps especially during Thanksgiving weekend and Christmas weekend and any traveling)
- No shaming of others, including yourself. If you need to challenge yourself, fine, but please let's be civil and remember we are all in this together.
So, think about it and look for a formal "commitment" post next week to sign up. I hope you can join me!