"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, January 16, 2012

Is Life After Weight Loss Possible?

I've been busy today getting getting various chores completed before my surgery tomorrow (I'll write more post-procedure, but I'm having endometrial ablation done), so I thought I'd direct you over to Diane's blog to read a very good post she wrote today on the subject of hope in weight loss maintenance.

Click here: The Fat Trap is Pretty Depressing, But There is Hope


Also, in case you care... this was my comment on her blog, because her post really made me think:

"It sounds like that article would be very depressing. Why would people want to lose weight if there wasn't the hope of keeping it off? My first thoughts came like this:

Firstly, I can do all things through Christ. If a person who was addicted to drugs, alcohol, etc. can accept Christ and see a complete change in his/her life, then I too can accept His help and see that same change in my addictive habits with food. And since I've seen that 180 degree change in non-food ways in people I know personally, then I know I can cling to that hope myself.

Secondly, I see people like you, Lori and a close friend of mine, to name a few, who have overcome their issues with food to the extent that you are able to keep the weight off. Yes, I see what you do to maintain and there are days I feel I'll never be the "superwoman" of weight loss you are in my eyes, BUT...I realize that I do want it bad enough to become the person who can maintain a healthy weight. I learn from those of you I see succeeding in maintenance and I know it's worth it.

Thank you so much for putting out a rebuttal to that article, Diane. We need more people like you who are honest about what it takes, and offer the hope that it can be done.

Have a great week!"

3 comments:

  1. I hope everything goes well tomorrow and that you are more "comfortable" monthly from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to keep it off. As hard as it is to lose it. It's a choice you have to make, though. And the struggle is still there when you lose and gain some weight during maintenance. But struggle or not, it is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck tomorrow with your surgery.
    Keeping it off is even harder than losing it, I'm in maintenance right now and its way harder than I imagined but I think the biggest thing is I just have to find a balance with it since its still really new to me.

    ReplyDelete