"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Exercise Identity

Well, today is turning out to be another nice day and I have a running victory to share...

My treadmill workout today, with incline set to 0.5%:

2 mins brisk walking and then stretching

5 min warm-up walk @ 4.0 (15:00 pace)
10 min run @ 5.5 (11:00 pace)
3 min walk @ 4.0 (15:00 pace)
10 min run @ 5.5 (11:00 pace)
2 min walk @ 4.0 (15:00 pace)
10 min run @ 5.2 ( 11:32 pace)
5 min run @ 5.0 (12:00 pace)
3 min cool-down walk down around 3.5

Miles walked/ran = 3.7 (before cool down)
Time: 45 minutes (before cool down)

The gym wasn't too busy today, there were always treadmills open, so I decided to stay on the treadmill running for a full 45-minute workout. There were few rough moments, and overall it was an awesome workout and I felt great!

I was nervous about those 10-minute runs since 5.5 is the fastest pace I've run at consistently. I should've known it would be okay though, because I'm in week 6 of the Couch to 5K Program and that program works.

My goal in doing this program for the second time was to run the entire 30 minutes at the 5.5/11:00 minute mile pace. So, I've been following all of the program with my running intervals at that pace, and I can see that I will reach my goal.

In fact sometime during the last 15 minutes of my run I smiled and thought to myself, "I am a runner. Me. [insert BIG grin] YES, I. AM. A. RUNNER."

I think I found my exercise identity today....

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the treadmill. I wish I could use one but planting my foot on a moving belt makes my back hurt. I did step aerobics this morning, worked in the yard in the afternoon, and plan to ride my bicycle this evening. It's weird - I sense myself resisting getting active even when I feel like it. In my head I am thinking, "You did aerobics and have worked in the yard, isn't that enough?" What am I going to do with myself? :-) Be careful out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome, I am so proud of you! I have been doing my runs @ 5.0 and my walks @ 3.5 with a .5-1% incline. I am a little nervous about getting to that point but I know that I will be prepared for it when its time!

    ReplyDelete