"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Funny Diet Story

I just have to post this little conversation I had last night with a friend of mine. Every time I think about it I giggle...

Friend is younger than me and thin. No real weight issues, just body changes since having a couple of kids. You've never met her on my blog before...in case you're trying to figure it out. lol

In as few words as possible our conversation went like this:

Friend: So, did I tell you about my new diet? It only lasted about 2 days though...
Me: No. What's up?
Friend: Yea..I started a new diet last week because I just need to get this weight off. It's been driving me nuts! I got this app for my phone and you just enter in your current weight, your goal weight and when you want to lose the weight by and it sets you up with a plan to reach that goal. I have no idea how much I weigh, so I guess somewhere around 140. (I take this in, glance at her from head to toe and think...really?? I'll be tiny then when I'm 140!!*giggle*) So, I put in my current weight and put that I'd like to be 125.

[skipping over where she exclaims on how many calories are in various foods, etc. etc. and I smile knowing all of this because it' s been on my mind for more years than not. lol]

Friend: ....so Saturday while we were out I told my husband we should buy a scale so I could track my weight. Well, I quit my diet that day!
Me: Oh?
Friend: Yep. When we got home and took the scale out of the package I weighed myself and...I was 127.
We both started laughing at this point.
Me: You're the first person I know who quit their diet because they were already their goal weight!!!! And I could've told you you didn't need to lose weight...silly girl!

She grinned and shared a few woes about baby belly, which I can imagine is frustrating if you've never had a tummy before. I can't relate, only giggle at her little story.

It was too cute.

Note: Commenting has been turned off on purpose for this story. :)