"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Motivation - I Did It!

Good morning!  We had a very full, but nice, weekend.  This morning I allowed myself to sleep in a little and it felt good.  Of course, then I was lazy and didn't want to workout after doing my devotions.  

But...I did, and I'm so glad, because during this morning I motivated myself with "THIS is why I keep exercising!!"

I'm on workouts 5 and 6 of the 12 included in the Body Revloution series by Jillian Michaels.  The instructions are to do these twice weekly for two weeks.  I extended this set an extra week because I haven't completed a full week of these workouts in the last two weeks.  

Well, in workout 5 there is this move I haven't been able to do so far.  It's like a pushup off your side using  one arm.  Let's just say when I first saw her do it I was like, "WHAT?!?!?"  Then I thought, "Just try it, Leah." and I...well, I couldn't lift myself up off the ground.  

I was wondering how the heck I could modify it and finally figured out to start at the top and lower myself down (like in push-ups).  So, that's what I would do. 

Well, today I am proud to say I was able to do the move correctly on both sides.  I was so happy I asked my son to take pictures to show you.  (hhmm...I'm checking my form out now too..LOL)


In fact, I asked him to take another picture of a move that I would never have dreamed close to possible 60 pounds ago.  A single leg squat with an arm raise (after you come to standing up straight again.) 

This reminds me of a text a good friend sent me last Thursday night.  She said something like, "Isn't it neat to see how far you've come in your exercise?"  We chatted for a few minutes about how we were both dying when we started exercising and can now do so much more.  Feeling all weepy like I was last week, I was so encouraged by that text.  

Yes, I have come far.  I don't always feel like exercising, and sometimes I have to modify the moves in the beginning, but with consistency comes progress and that is very motivating!

p.s.  These photos show you where I workout...my living room!  The computer that I play workouts on is directly behind where my son was standing.  A real "in-home gym".  :)

1 comment:

  1. Love that you are taking pride in the steps of your sucess! I also work out in my living room to tapes on bad weather days. I feel bad for my downstairs neighbors with all my jumping but its only for an hour:)You are right that first move looks so hard!

    ReplyDelete