"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, October 12, 2012

Weigh-In ... Pumpkin Oats

Today's Weight:  166.5
Loss/Gain: -1.5


Nice.  Those better food choices are helping.  *happy dance* 

Speaking of food and choices...

Inspired by fall and cooler temps and wanting some pumpkin-y I decided to make a rendition of Lori's famous Custard Pumpkin Oats.  I knew they would be a better choice than the Dunkin Donuts pumpkin donut I had Monday.  ahem...it was delicious...

Anyway... 
 Here's how I made mine: 

1 packet instant oatmeal
2/3 cup original Almond milk
1/3 cup water
--> cook above ingredients in microwave for 2:00
1/4 c. pumpkin
1 tsp. brown sugar
splashes cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves - according to taste
-->Stir above into cooked oats and let sit a minute while oats soak up liquid and get more puffy.
Note:  I did less pumpkin than Lori because I was afraid of getting too full.  I also did not use egg whites like she does for same reason, but I think now I wouldn't have been too full.  So maybe tomorrow.
Total calories for my bowl:  177  (yes, definitely can add the egg whites next time)

I have to tell you that about two years ago I made one of her custard oats recipes and didn't care for the fact that it wasn't really sweet.  Now that I've been cutting out the added sugars somewhat I was very content with the 1 tsp. brown sugar in this bowl.  Amazing how we can change.  *more happy dancing*

So, here's a shot of my bowl...not as thick because I didn't custardize them with egg whites..and the lightening isn't too good, because it was early and the sun wasn't shining in the window at better angle. 
They were yummy and completely satisfied my desire for something warm, sweet and autumn'ish.  (My spell check is going crazy with all these funky words..lol)

Now I'm off to get ready to go to the gym to exercise and pick up another race packet for a 10K race I'm doing tomorrow.  *more happiness*  It's closer to home and the weather is so beautiful for running right now.  Love it. 

Thanks for checking in and have a great weekend!  

3 comments: