"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, October 1, 2012

Motivational Monday - Small & Baggy

Welp... I didn't really feel like I had anything to post that was motivating, but as I thought more about it throughout the day I realized I do have a couple things going right in my weight loss journey.

First off, I am still making good changes. 

I love this oatmeal:                            But I traded it for this one:

Why?  

Less sugar.   11g sugar in the Cinnamon & Spice vs. 0g sugar in the original.  This is most likely what contributed to the 60 calories less in the original as well.  

Yes, they are both still microwave, versus steel cut oats or something healthier; but I've made a change to cut out some unecessary sugar from my diet.  

As a girl here and I were discussing...eating sugar seems to lead to wanting more sugar.  I know starchy foods and sweets are a problem for me, and it seems that when I cut those things way down in my diet I eat better.  

So, I decided to make this small change.  I made my first bowl with almond milk, a tablespoon of peanut butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon.  It wasn't as sweet, but as I slowed down and paid attention to what I was eating I could taste the sugar from the peanut butter.  

It was enough and I know it was better for me.  

Secondly, I also wore my new size 14 jeans from Old Navy and ... they are baggy.  :)  I remember buying them a month ago and wondering if I should get the size 12, because the 14s were comfortable.  Knowing my weight loss record I went with what fit now.  

Thankfully they were only $19, because I've a feeling I may not need them for long.

Little changes...and baggy size 14s...  yep, good motivation to keep going.  

1 comment:

  1. Baggy pants...that'll teach ya...not believin in yourself!! Next time buy the tight ones!!! You can/will do ir! You go girl!!!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete