"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Book Gifts & A Reminder

Yesterday I got some mail...Christmas presents!

Well, okay..we received a gift card to Amazon.com and I decided to purchase two books I've had on my wish list with my portion of the gift.  They arrived in the mail yesterday and I can't wait to start reading. 

I heard about Run Like a Mother soon after it came out and the first copy I purchased I read through before giving it to a friend of mine.  I've bought a couple copies since then as gifts, but never for myself.

When I heard the Another Mother Runner ladies came out with a second book I was super excited; though not excited enough to run out and purchase it immediately I guess.  *sheepish grin*  I guess a new shirt or something must've caught my eye first.  lol 

Actually, come to think of it, I think I didn't run out to buy it right away because I figured I wasn't running any serious distances or races yet, so I didn't need the book.  Yep, that was it!

However, as anyone who's read my blog for a while knows, now that I've run two 10K races I officially consider myself a runner.  

So, when we received this gift card, and I looked over my Amazon wish list, I decided to go ahead and get both books for my library; one to read again for fun and one to maybe learn a thing or two about training for a race.  Woot!

Speaking of learning...

My food intake hasn't been the best since my weigh in.  Dang.  Unfortunately, my water has taken a great hit, so that's my focus right now.  I need to get more water in.  I think I'm munching when I'm just thirsty.  Well, that and I need stop the munching and remind myself that if I'm not hungry I don't need to eat. 

And that thought is why I was happy to see this little bit of wordly wisdom on a fitness Pinterest board last night: 

I think I'll print it out and put it on my fridge, and my bedroom mirror, and my computer...Kidding.  Sort of.

Oh, how I need this reminder for my weight loss, and every area of life actually.  :) 

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment