"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My Friends are the Greatest

I was going to post earlier, but decided posting about weight and PMS aren't always a good mix.  Oh yea...TOM arrived today and emotions have been on a bit of a roller coaster the past 24 hours or so.  Argh. 

So, instead of posting I decided to go for a walk.  I was very sore from a Jillian workout yesterday and I could hear lots of wind.  There was no way I was going to run, but I knew I could walk and that would be better than nothing. 

I put my audiobook on my iPhone and headed out.  Then I got a call from a dear friend who let me share the following tidbits with her, she listened, encouraged me, told me about her big adventure coming up and kept me company for about half of my walk.  It was so nice. 

And it's why I had to come on here and say that I have some of the bestest friends ever.  

Yesterday I had a great talk with another one my friends, whose husband once asked if she was charging for her advice --LOL-- and she gently reminded me of something.  She said, "I think you're just thinking too much about it."  

She was right.  

I was freaking out a little about how I'm going to eat normal after this detox week.  We discussed exercising from home vs. the gym, foods, etc. and when she said that a lightbulb went off in my head...I just need to get back to what I was doing before, but stick to it. 

Which brings me to a recent comment by a blog friend, who advised that a "treat" meal become part of my eating plan instead of a break in it (paraphrasing..).  

Again...duh!  

I've been freaking out a little which I now know is mostly PMS and really all I need to do is get back to what I know works.  Healthier food choices, regular exercise, a treat here and there in moderation and continuing to challenge myself to do the best I can.

This has always been about getting healthier and staying there.  I'm so grateful for friends who have been there for me since the beginning of my journey and continue to remind me that I can do this.  

And for just listening when I'm venting...you all deserve a prize greater than my friendship.  :)

Sidenote:  Click here to read a quick short post about how weight loss is a lot like a renovation.  I loved it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment