"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, May 6, 2013

I Was Selfish Today

Hello!

Even though the new class I want to take on Mondays just about killed my legs last week I decided I would go again this week.  I figured I'd go, take it slightly easier (if possible) and then see how I felt.  I was excited and it worked well with my plan for exercise during a busy week of revival services on top of finishing details for a Mother's Day Brunch I'm in charge of Saturday. 

Then last night after I parked my car in our garage we hear a loud noise and see that this has just happened: 


We just had a new garage door opener motor put in this past Friday morning.  So, I knew I'd have to call the property management and tell them something else broke.  I knew they'd send the guy out first thing in the morning. 

Which meant I might not be able to go to my exercise class. 

**Drooping shoulders.  Frowning face.  Furrowed eyebrows.** 

I could run later in the day, but I wanted to do my class. 

I want to stick with my good cross training class!! I have plans people!!  Plus..What if I don't show up and they think it was too hard for me?!?!  I can't let them think it was too much!! 

I knew they can send the garage door guy with a key to fix it.  Then my sister-in-law said she didn't have to work, so she could be home when he came.

So, I thought about it for, oh a few minutes and decided to be selfish. 

I used the car my sister-in-law is driving, which we luckily had left parked out in the driveway, and went to the class.  

Part of me wanted to be at the house, but more of me decided since I had a way to leave the house I was going to.  If I'm going to stick to my exercise plans I've got to try and work other things around my workout time.  That means sometimes I have to be selfish, in a good way. 

By the way...The class went great!!!  My legs are not completely dead today.  It was the same class, but I took things a little easier.  I think I could've pushed a tad harder, but I'll save that for after my 10K. I just needed a good cross training workout with some strength and cardio and that's exactly what I got.  It was great! 

Also, the lady that gave me the high five last week chatted with me a few minutes today.  She's so kind and such a great cheerleader.  I love meeting people like that at the gym.  

So, I was bit selfish, but it was worth it.  *contented sigh*

4 comments:

  1. I don't think that was selfish at all! If your s-i-l wasn't doing anything anyway... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope..and he could've gotten in with a key anyway. :)

      Delete
  2. I don't think you were selfish. I think it's ok to make time for ourselves. And if you SIL offered then why not? I can understand whey you would want to be there for the guy because it is your house but I think you did the right thing. Especially if it was offered. Glad you had a good time at the gym!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the term "selfish" very loosely...just so you know and don't worry I'm beating myself up about it. :)

      Delete