"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, May 3, 2013

Weigh-In ... Staying Accountable

Today's Weight:  167.5
Loss/Gain: + 3

So, remember last week I said I didn't think I really deserved the 2.5 pound loss?  Well, it's because the day before, and the few times I checked during the week, I was 167/167.5.  I'm not trying to justify this gain, but this week I just tried to not overdo it too many times and wasn't surprised when I saw this number on the scale.  I feel more like I've been holding steady versus had a horrible weight gain week.

Yesterday I told my mom that I almost thought about not posting my weight today and being like, "I'll post my weight again when I'm lower." But I know that if I quit posting my weight weekly it could lead to not caring about my health.  Just like baby steps forward helps us lose weight, baby steps backwards can lead to weight gain.  If I do nothing else but blog my weight weekly that helps me stay accountable. 

So, I know what needs to happen to keep losing.  I've honestly had a few days this week where I felt like I'm good with where I'm at, but then I really think about it and I think I need to get at least another ten pounds off before I start settling.  

Funny thing is I actually decided this week to make exercise a priority again, even though I'm wrapping up a second big project in my life, and then I took the class from hell on Monday and...yesterday was the first day I could walk up the stairs normally.  LOL  Um, yes, it's been that bad.  I went running Tuesday, and was proud of getting through a 3.75 mile run even though I felt my muscles jolt with every step, but I couldn't walk up stairs or sit without pain until yesterday.  

I ended up not taking the other class Wednesday because I wanted to recover.  Then yesterday when I went out to walk it was raining.  I was so vexed I came in and got on with my day.  I am going to take that class again on Monday, but maybe ask the teacher how I can challenge myself without debilitating myself.  If that's possible.  LOL  All I know is I won't mind pushing through that pain if it will make me stronger, but I will not take that class the week of my 10K (May 18th), because I do not want to run 6.2 miles on painful legs.  

Anyway, having not posted since Monday my mind is full of things to say, but this post is getting long enough already.  Suffice it to say I am hanging in there.  I've decided this week I am setting the goal to track my food.  I have not been doing that for the past few weeks and I think tracking food (for me) is right up there with blogging.  It helps me stay accountable to my actions, whether good or bad.  

So, here's to keeping on.  Thanks again for checking in on me.   Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you posted your weight - taking accountability for it is part of the battle.

    That class from Monday sounds intense!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, my gosh, I'm absent a few months and you're in the 160s. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracking is really eye opening. You know, Leah, you may be at goal now. It may not be a number that you want it to be, but if you can maintain this weight without feeling deprived or like you have to do something extreme to get it off, might be something to think about (AIM post foreshadowing for this Monday)

    ReplyDelete