"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, September 6, 2013

Weigh-In ... Busy days and Five Fun Things

Today's Weight:  163.0
Loss/Gain:  - 1.0 lb

I am happy with this loss, because it is a loss.  Considering the week I had there was a good chance I could've had a gain.  Unfortunately, two days I carb loaded for a long run that never ended up happening (I'll write about that sometime..what a vex.); I carb loaded counting on the fact that I'd burn a lot of it the next day, which is not so good.

One of those days I did not journal my food at all and I think it showed a good calorie burn on my report, which messes up the averages a bit.  Anyway, here is that report:
School is back in full swing and soccer has started up with my son.  I'm hosting a breakfast at my house next week and I've already baked my first batch of pumpkin treats for the fall to mail to some men overseas who will miss most of the season.

The good thing is as the days get busier I am still making time for exercise.  In fact, in light of the fact that I'm not back down to that lovely 159 I saw a couple weeks ago let me share some good things that happened this week:
  • I put cashews in my sons lunch for a snack since his class doesn't go to lunch until about 1.5 hours before school is out and he replied, "Thanks, Mom!"  He even asked me to show him how much and gave me a look of approval when I showed him.  
  • When I was running on Tuesday I greeted a neighbor out for a walk and she said, "Wish I could do that.".  I desperately wanted to tell her she could, because I never dreamed I could.
  • I also realized that I can because I am in good health.  There are those who really can not physically push themselves to try heavier sports, so I'm grateful for my body that is enduring the running well. 
  • I bought a new dress and had to grab a size smaller than I thought because the one I tried on first fit perfect and leaned towards loose.  I walked around the store pondering whether or not to even try on the smaller one.  It fit wonderfully with a little room to shrink, which is good, because I didn't want to spend money on something I could possibly shrink out of. 
  • Pardon the TMI... but I needed some new underthings and decided to do a bra fitting.  Come to find out my measurement around the torso has shrunk, while the cups haven't.  This explains why my bras haven't fitted well, nor have the ones I tried on in stores and thus why I haven't gotten any new ones.   That was a fun surprise..I can't remember ever buying a 34-anything ever.  Woot!
I'll stop with five fun things.  I hope to get back to blogging at least one more day a week, but I've been working on projects, taking care of kids, planning events and living life.

Thank you for stopping by and have a great weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. A 34 !!!!! Double woot! Good going, daughter o' mine.
    much love,
    MOMa

    ReplyDelete