"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Daily Thoughts

Lately (as in the past few months) I've been pretty busy and seem to only get on here to blog once or twice a week.  I've also not had much time for reading blogs.  I've said before that I often think of things to blog about, but I just never seem to have the time to sit and get it done.  There are some factors that have made my life busier than normal these past months, namely extra life duties I've had to take on.  Add that to a desire to write well and I don't "have" time to blog very often.  

So, I've been thinking about it and I think I'm going to simply try and write about things that come to mind, even if I don't have the time to explore my thoughts deeply.  If I have a day where I can organize my thoughts and put together a neat article, then I will do that, but I won't allow the desire to produce a neat "article" stop me from putting together a simple post when I have a thought related to my healthiness journey that I'd like to share. 

For example, yesterday I would've written about this...

I was out running and listening to a podcast wherein the interviewee was stating that she's not sure where her goal weight will be.  She stated when she began her journey she had a fixed goal weight number in her head, but as she got closer to the number she was reevaluating whether she was really going to get to that goal. 

She made a few comments about how she is okay with that, because now it's about being healthy and in better shape than she ever was for years; and reaching a certain number doesn't change that.  Boy, can I relate to that right now. 

She also said when she started reading blogs she started reading the blogs written by maintainers to give her an idea of what her life would be like in maintenance.  She and the host agreed maintenance is the hardest part of the weight loss journey, but also the most important part.  

Again, I heard that and thought that's exactly what I did.  When I started my weight loss journey, and subsequently my blog, I started following some ladies who had reached there weight loss goals and maintained the loss for some time.  It encouraged me to know that permanent change was possible.  To this day I realized I follow more people in maintenance than I do those that are working through their own journeys.  

I'll leave you with that for today.  I have another thought I want to share, but I need to get going for now.  I may make it back here later this evening or it may have to wait until tomorrow.  For now, I'm just happy I actually got to share something that's been on my mind.  :)

Thanks for stopping by!  Check back tomorrow for my weigh-in. (Though I can tell you...TOM has arrived and I'll just be content to be the same... *sigh*..the joys of womanhood.  lol )

No comments:

Post a Comment