"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, October 4, 2013

Weigh-In ... Back to the Gym

Today's Weight:  160.5
Loss/Gain:  -1.0

I'm pleased with this.  Down is always better than up.  I got back to the gym this week and I was more careful about my food consumption during the week, reminding myself that I would like to get down to at least 150 before I feel I can really settle into maintenance.  

I think I forgot to track my food one day though, because when I look at my Body Media report calorie deficit balance looks higher than I think it should.  hhmmm...

I know that I did bust my tail at the gym this week.  I have one more race to complete a week from tomorrow and then I'm just going to concentrate on regular exercise like before.  Well, regular but challenging.  My plan is to take these interval training classes at the gym on Mondays and Wednesdays and then run at least 3 other days a week.  This is pretty much what my exercise looked like before my half training started last June.  

I also want to kind of not look too much at the Body Media deficit until the end of the day.  I think I see that I can eat more and I think, "oh yay!! I can eat more, but then I go overboard sometimes."  Make sense?  With the Body Media Fit armband I'm learning that I need at least 1400 calories on a non-exercise day and then I can pretty much eat all of my exercise calories  burned if I want to have a 500 calorie deficit (leading to at least one pound lost) or maybe cut back to about 1/2 of the calories I burn if I want to lose a little more.  

This can sound confusing, so if you're not into it I'm not one bit offended if you skip this part.  I'm really glad I bought the Body Media Fit band though because it has shown me that eating 1200 to keep losing really isn't good for my activity level. (I can't believe that's true... lol )  I've also been listening to a few podcasts of success stories wherein the ladies speaking are saying they realized they stalled in their weight loss because they were cutting themselves too short on calories. 

It's another topic for another day, but I'm really learning a bit about making sure I am eating enough to still lose weight.  It's all very interesting.  

Anyway, I hope you're all having a nice Friday.  We are enjoying some beautiful fall evenings and mornings here.  The days cooled off, but they are back up in the 80's again.  Being that I love my sandals I don't mind that as long as the mornings are cooler for running, which they are.  Soon it will be time for jeans and hoodies and we're looking forward to that as well.  

Thanks for checking in on me.  I hope you have a great weekend. I plan to! :)



1 comment:

  1. It definitely is that balance between eating enough and not eating away your deficit. It's so individual and why something like the body media thing is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete