"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Busy Week and a Sore Throat

Last week was a crazy busy, but super fun week.  We had a Bible conference at our church that I helped with and two ladies came to stay with us from Wednesday on.  This made for late nights chatting and then my kids having regular school schedules during the days.

Saturday we slept in and were a tad lazy.  I planned on resting more Sunday afternoon until I got a text Saturday evening that my son had a soccer game Sunday afternoon.   Soccer games between church services makes for busy days.

So, it was another busy day Sunday and then Monday morning I woke up with the worst sore throat.  My head had been feeling a bit fuzzy, but nothing bad until then.

Ugh.

I went back to sleep for about two hours after taking the kids to school.  When I lie on the couch and fall asleep for two hours I know my body needed it.

This week is another busy week for us, though not as much as last week, so I really don't have time to be sick.  However, after having to stay up late last night with a teen who had a lot of homework I laid back down again this morning after taking them to school and got an extra hour's rest.

Like a good girl I've gargled with salt water and am drinking fluids.  I'm trying not to eat too much ice cream, though it sure feels good going down.  lol

I haven't exercised in over a week and now with this sore throat I'm not sure if I should or if I feel like it.  I am finishing up some painting and getting things ready for another bit of company next week and helping watch some kids a few evenings at the end of this week, so I also want to make sure I get my rest.

I know I'm not the first to be busy, but it's amazing how a sore throat and fuzzy head can send a person off track.  dang.  If it doesn't start feeling better I'm going to check for strep for the sake of the kiddos coming over.

As for the healthiness side of things...I have been weighing myself and pretty much maintained my weight through last week.  That means I was up like maybe a pound.  Now if I can get my body to heal up so I feel like doing more than sleeping with some of my free time I'll be good.

That's why this is a lifelong journey, not a sprint.  Life comes and goes and if we can maintain some semblance of health through it then we're good, right?  Right.  :)

Thanks for checking in!

1 comment:

  1. Well, hopefully with the sore throat you won't feel like eating quite as much. ;) So so sorry you got so sick! It sucks!

    ReplyDelete