"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Again With Those Plans

What a week... without going into all the details let's just say my Monday didn't go as planned and that kind of threw my whole week off.  Add into that TOM starting mid week and two people bumping into my son's injured leg and causing him to go back a few steps, so to speak, in his healing and I've been in a whirlwind of emotions.  

I've been a bit all over the place and thus haven't blogged.  

My son also has an infection around one of the screw sites, which the doctor reassured us was common and blood work and x-rays (from our overnight ER visit) promised wasn't more than skin deep.  So, on top of hurting from being pushed into he is in pain where that infection.  

You know.... some people say they are working on x, y or z of their New Year's Resolutions and I'm just like .... trying to stay sane and saved now.  :)  

I came across a quote I've seen before that said, "Life is what happens while you're making plans." So, then that is good.  

I'm living life and learning a lot -- and it's the first time my healthy life has really taken a hit with the non-positives going on.  So weird, but at least I'm learning some things through it. 

I do have a nice post brewing about where my mind is with regards to fitness.  I am getting my act together in that area, and in the meantime just trying to keep everything else together as best I can.  

I will say the biggest lesson I'm learning through all of this is that when life throws curveballs the best thing I can do is take care of the basic necessities of life.  

My faith in Jesus, my husband and kids, my home, my health and even taking small moments to reach out to others who may be struggling are the basics that make up who I am.  When I keep those priorities in place I have the power to make it through whatever comes my way.  

It's not easy, but I'm taking things a day at a time.  One foot in front of the other and trying not to let the vex from one situation make me a monster in another.  

Life... yep, definitely what is happening while we are busy making plans, or simply remembering the plans we thought were gonna be just fine.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment