"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, March 31, 2014

Weigh-In ... March Madness

Weight:  167.5
Loss/Gain:  + 0.5

"March Madness" ha!  I'm not a huge college basketball fan, but I couldn't resist.  In fact, my life could be described at "2014 Madness" this year so far... lol  

Anyway....

Compared to February's weigh-in I'm up 0.5 pound.  However, compared to the last two weeks I'm actually down 1.5 pounds.  Since I had hit 169.0 on the scale and stayed there for almost two weeks this past month I'm just glad to see the scale going back down. 

Last week was the closest to being back on track that I have been for a long time.  I didn't track my food every day, but I was more conscious about my food choices/portions.  I also got in at least three days of exercise last week.  

After posting on Saturday about my plans once again going awry I made the decision to go to the gym to get my run done for the day.  It had been pouring rain all day and I had accomplished many things, but having only exercised twice that week I was dying to do something more physical than clean house.  

My husband stayed home with our son and I got 3 miles done on the treadmill and then another 0.5 mile done on the arc trainer.  With the rainy weather the cardio equipment was busy with runners and walkers trying to get their exercise, so I pushed the 30-minute time limit to get and even 3 miles done and then went to another machine to finish my scheduled run for the day. (What a world huh...we can just run indoors now if the weather doesn't permit outside activity...amazing.)  

I felt so much better after exercising.  I told my husband later that I was grateful I could get out and he agreed that he was glad I could get it done too.  I can do exercise DVDs from home, but if I'm going to do a 10K I'm planning on in May I have to run at least three days a week.  Plus, it always feels good to run...slow as it is for me right now it still brings such a good feeling when I'm done.  I.  love. it.

So, anyway,  I had originally thought about putting out some March goals in the beginning of the month and now I'm glad I didn't because I would've failed.  However, I am thinking of making some for April.  

The other day I thought with my life as crazy as it is blogging would appear to be the first activity I could release from my schedule (and many times it seems as if I have); however, blogging is what keeps me on track with my health.  It's my place to come and get out what I'm going through and it's my accountability.  The encouragement I get from comments left or, more importantly, from reading others' posts is something I'm not willing to let go of just yet.  

And because of that I'm already thinking of some simple monthly goals I may come back here tomorrow to tell you about.  Knowing I commit to something on my blog sometimes makes it easier to make sure to get it done.  They won't be mind blowing, but they will be things to help me get back on track and get rid of these extra [stress] pounds and inches I've put on so far this year.  

1 comment:

  1. Exercising can be SO good, mentally, right? I know it's good for my body, but mentally, if I am exercising and being active, it is just so much easier to make better choices all around, in general! I think you're doing real well given the year you've had!

    ReplyDelete