"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, January 9, 2015

Cough, But No Flu - Yay!

*cough* hack*hack* [properly covering mouth]

"Excuse me, I don't have a fever and the mucous is clear, so I don't think I have the flu, but this darn cold won't go away. "

I've repeated that sentence a few times this week when coughing fits interrupt my daily affairs.  

Today I finally decided to go to the doctor and I'm happy to say I do not have the flu, but I do need some antibiotics and OTCs to help clear up this crud.  

YAY ... no flu!   
Yay ... stronger cough medicine that will hopefully allow me to sleep through the night again!!  
Yay .. insurance and money to buy more medicines!  
Yay ... no one else is sick in my house!  
and Yay ... I have nothing pressing that the cold is keeping me from at the moment!

The only thing it is possibly "keeping" me from is exercise.  However, since I'm still letting my knee and foot recover I decided I could use the extra rest and I've let the running and intense exercise go to the side for the week. 

And I'm okay with that.  I've been careful about my eating and I know I'll get back to all of that when my body is in better working order. 

In fact, yesterday, today and tomorrow I've been participating in an online Photoshop course to better my digital scrapbooking skills and it has been very nice -- a break from my regular routine.  

We have seen some drastically low temperatures this week, but beautiful sunny days.  It's a lovely start to my 2015 and I have no complaints... Well, except the cough, but it's going to heal quickly.  

Thanks for stopping by!  I'm going back to Photoshop now...

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on resting your knee/foot, although sometimes I wonder if my tendonitis will ever heal. Hope you get over your cough soon and even more that nobody else in the family gets it!

    ReplyDelete