"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, January 16, 2015

Nuun Year: No Limits Challenge

Well, it's official.  I have signed up for the AMR 13.1 Challenge - Nuun Year: No Limits. 

The $100 has been paid and today I've announced it on social media and my blog. 

No turning back now.  :)

I thought about doing the 10K challenge just to make my 10K nice and strong, but I really wanted to do a half marathon this spring.  So, I figured this was a good way to get some awesome training and get that race done.  I know I can run 10K; 13.1 miles is a little more work.

This will be my second half marathon and the only reason I'm a little nervous is the niggling knee pain.  However, I talked it over with my husband last week and made the decision to go for it.  It is a challenge after all, which means it will be work.  My pain has never gone above a 2 on a scale of 1-10, so it's not like I'm facing knee surgery.  Since I don't plan on facing knee surgery I will take care of it. 

This challenge offers a sweet looking swag bag at the beginning of the training full of all kinds of goodies to help us along on our training.  Plus, there is a special challenge group set up on Training Peaks and Strava and regular emails from a running coach with hints and tip and to answer questions over the 15-week plan.  

Towards the end of the training a t-shirt and medal will be sent out, just in time to wear the shirt to my race and wear the medal afterwards.  :)

You can read all about the challenge by clicking here.  If anyone decides to join this challenge let me know.  I'd love to find out a fellow blogger is doing the same challenge.  

You can also look me up on Strava as MyNewEnding and I believe by the same on Training Peaks.  I've never used anything other than my Garmin and Map My Run for my running, so I have some to learn about those two apps being used during this plan.  

I'll be posting weekly updates about how the training is going.  The race I hope to run is on May 16th and I'll post when I've officially signed up.  

In the meantime, thanks for stopping by and have a good weekend!  I'm hoping for some good weather so I can get out for a run tomorrow while my teens watch this little miss we've been babysitting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment