"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, January 2, 2015

Going Ahead with 2015

Quite honestly, I was scared to set any goals for myself this year.  Last year I had a plan and before the first month of the year was over with all my plans went to the wayside.  It may sound crazy, but I seriously was nervous to commit to anything this year for fear of feeling like a failure.  

However, I also have had this nagging feeling the past few days/weeks that I didn't want to quit.  I didn't want to live in fear of something negative happening and thus not put myself out there to try and complete some things that have been on my mind.  

So, when I saw the ladies at Another Mother Runner came up with this neat 2015 Goals sheet I thought it was perfect.  A neat place I could gather my thoughts and plans and then print it out and put it on my dresser mirror (like always) and remind myself of what I'm working towards.  


The photo on this sheet is me the day before my half marathon in September 2013 -- when  I felt my best.  It's my inspirational photo for this year. :)  

Also, you'll note a comment about a summer move....yes, we know for sure we are moving this summer to another state.  My husband's Navy orders are up this summer and we've made the decision to get out of the Navy and settle back in Oklahoma, where he went to dental school.  This is a huge decision for our family that involves him getting into practice in the civilian world.  We are all very excited about this move, but it means some major changes ahead for my family and I.  :)

As always, thanks for checking in.  Once again, I'm encouraged that it's not over folks.  I may have had some setbacks in 2014, but I will press on this year, because I'm never giving up on my healthy lifestyle.  

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to 2015! I hope your move is a smooth one and this decision will give you guys a nice time to settle into home!

    ReplyDelete