"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, August 23, 2010

Definitely Changing


Last week I did two things that I never would've done in the past, and liked it.

I made grilled salmon and asparagus for dinner one night, oh and rice that didn't finish in time this particularly rushed evening. Since I didn't need/want it that was fine with me.


I also chose to make turkey burgers for my husband to grill for me when we had a barbecue with friends on Saturday. He was grilling hot dogs and hamburgers for everyone else. And I chose to have it on a 100% whole wheat bun with lettuce, tomato, ketchup and mustard, with only one deviled egg (that I made with half lite mayo and half regular) and nothing else to eat.

The best part?

I was totally happy with my choices. I did not feel like I was depriving myself. Both of those never-would've-eaten-in-the-past meals were tasty and enjoyable for me.

Yes, I also made chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and fresh green beans one night, but I made room for my small portion in my calorie budget for that day. So, even that decision was fine and I was happy with my choice.

Yes, I'm definitely changing and so very grateful for it!

4 comments:

  1. Small changes add up big over time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You chose all the right things and you chose to be happy with the food you ate! Love that Leah! I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently tried grilled asparagus -- it was very good. For years I didn't like asparagus because I had only tried canned.

    ReplyDelete