"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, August 20, 2010

Weigh-In and Week 1 of Beck Solution

Today's Weight: 200.0
Loss/Gain: +/-0
Total Loss So Far: -31.0 lbs.

I made it through week one of The Beck Diet Solution. I've read and completed each days tasks and learned some things.

A few things I learned this week are:
  • Reading a list of the advantages to weight loss every day can be helpful.
  • Sitting down to eat every meal does leave me feeling visually satisfied as well as physically satisfied.
  • I struggle with wanting to lose weight bad enough to do what it takes. ie. In the heat of the food moment, sometimes the ice cream looks better than the thought of being thin. That was a BIG revelation for me yesterday, sad but true.
  • I learned I'm liking this book and think it will be very helpful for me.
How did week one go for me?
Beck-wise I did great! I've made time for it, which is also making time for me and my weight loss efforts, every day. I followed all the prompts, made reminder cards for at least one item daily and even have a written journal going when I read something that really hits me and I don't want to forget my reaction to it.

I got at least 64 oz. of water in daily, but I only exercised twice and I was over my calories every day, but yesterday I think. Thus the maintain. I'm only slightly bugged by this aspect, but I'm choosing to be proud of myself for journaling every. single. bite. and being accountable on paper for every choice I made. I have been reminded of where my weaknesses are.

Finally, I noticed this Beck program will end on my wedding anniversary in September. She suggest awarding ourselves for the smaller good choices as well as the bigger ones. So, I've decided to give myself tally marks for good choices each day, within reason, and I'm going to pay myself something like 25 cents for each tally mark. I'm also going to pay myself $1.00 for each pound I lose. Whatever I "earn" by the end of the six weeks I'll use for myself and whatever we choose to do for our anniversary. Maybe buy a new piece of clothing or get a pedicure, who knows? The possibilities are endless.... :P

Now on to week two! :) I hope you all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. You are doing great! I think I need to check out that book myself. I need to find a way to re-focus a bit. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea about the rewards! Anything that can help define your journey, I say go for it! Sounds like a successful week to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. " In the heat of the food moment, sometimes the ice cream looks better than the thought of being thin. That was a BIG revelation for me yesterday, sad but true."

    Sometimes I wonder how it is possible to "forget" my goals as I dive in for a second serving or some junk.

    ReplyDelete