"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, September 23, 2011

Weigh-In ... One Foot in Front of the Other Part 3

Today's Weight: 188 . 0
Loss/Gain: + 1 . 5 lbs

All I feel like is...It figures. I'm still putting one foot in front of the other, making better choices this week and then TOM comes and threatens to ruin my attempts at getting back on track. I say threatens because I have:
  • Been tracking my food.
  • Drank at least 64 oz. of water daily, and more many days.
  • Making much better food choices, both in portions and types of food.
  • Pushed myself in exercise a few times this week.
  • Made some serious decisions about what needs to be done to finish what I've started.
The number on the scale doesn't show any of this, but I know that I've done fine for this week. Some things can't be helped and TOM is one of them.

I had a good conversation with my therapist friend earlier this week and we were discussing how I usually settle around 180-190 when trying to lose weight. hhmmm....maybe, we thought, my body is comfortable here, because I can still eat what I want pretty much and not gain.

Well, it's time to get uncomfortable, because at 5' 4" this is not a healthy weight.

So, that's my goal for this week. I'm going to make myself a little uncomfortable, work to stretch myself out of what's easy into what takes a little more work. I think good things will come of this.

In the meantime, I'm off to prepare for a fun weekend. Have a great Friday yourself and please don't forget to stop by and meet Sarah if you haven't already.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully next week is better for you, TOM is a pain in the rear and reeks chaos on us all!

    ReplyDelete