"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Walking and Weather

We are having some of the most beautiful weather lately!! With the cooler morning temperature I couldn't resist going for a walk today for my exercise.

I needed something from the grocery store, so I decided to kill two birds with one stone and briskly walk to the grocery store. I grabbed my little "walking purse", threw in ID, money, keys and my phone and headed out to walk my errand. It was just lovely out.


Okay a question and confession here....

So, I'm wondering...if you are still above your goal weight...do you ever see someone who is thinner than you and think "That's what I want to look like." or "Hey, she's not skin and bones, but she has a nice figure. Yea, I'd like to look like that. " ?

Well, today as I was headed back to my house on my walk I was behind a lady briskly walking her dog. She was thin with a nice figure, but not model stick thin. My pace matched her and I thought to myself, "If I can just keep walking every day and look like that I will be content with my health."

Then I met up with the lady and she was a very nice lady. I wanted to ask her if she does anything else for exercise but we were talking about other things.

Anyway, now you know a weird thing I do, which is embarrassing for the good friends of mine who read my blog - LOL.

However, that is one of my long term life goals...to be able to go for brisk walks daily until I'm old and gray. If I can push myself before then and do more, great; but if I can stay healthy while solely walking for exercise, that's fine with me too.

Especially on beautiful days like today! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment