"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, August 27, 2012

A Personal Moment - First Day of School

First off,  thank you to those who checked in on me with concern after my post on Friday.  I am fine.  I will be fine.  

You see, I'm learning life is full of teachable moments and sometimes situations arise that force us to move beyond our comfort zone.  It's not fun and it's usually not easy, but most times it is doable.  

Take, for example, one of the issues that has had me weepy off and on over the past couple weeks.  My oldest children, 14-and-a-half-year-old twin daughters, start high school this year.  I've never been a super clingy mom, but sending them to junior high and now high school are two first days of school I anticipated with a tearful heart.  

Silly as it may be, I remember when the girls started junior high I felt like, "They won't need me anymore!!"  My husband reminded me that they would still need me, but it would be a different kind of need.  That year I was fine after classes began, so I had a feeling it would be the same this year as well. 

Well, today was the first day and I sent them off to school with nary a tear.  :)  It was actually very exciting and as I was preparing lunches I thought to myself, "School.  Yes.  This is familiar.  This is what we do.  Vacation was nice, but school schedules are nicer and I'm ready. "  

Now they are home, I've listened to how first days went and I know all will be well.  And now you know one of a few personal things that was sending my emotions all over the board last week.  Combined with deciding to take a break from eating right and exercising for a couple of busy weeks and I was a bit of a mess.

But I'm back, still learning and ready to keep going with all that awaits in the future. 

I hope you all have a good week.  I plan to.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Leah, finally joined your blog...
    You look so fabulous!!! I know you've come a long way and you should be so proud of yourself!Hope all is well with your family :)

    ReplyDelete