"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, August 31, 2012

Weigh-In ... Seven Random Things

Today's Weight:  170.0
Loss/Gain: -1.0

Things are slowly but surely getting back on track and today I have a fun post to share with you.

A week or so ago Sharilee was so kind to award me a blog award over at Prairie Princess.  I'm supposed to tell you seven things about myself and then award this to others.  I'll share the seven things, but I'm not going to forward the award because most of the blogs I read and love I mention regularly.  :)  


I've created a little digital scrapbook page to illustrate my seven things....


1.  I have fallen in love with the cutesy owls, and made this little guy as an ornament.  
2.  When I make a meal consisting of fish, a veggie and rice/quinoa my kids call it a "healthy dinner".  LOL
3.  Pearl earrings are my favorite and I wear them almost daily.
4.  I wear my watch everywhere, except in the house.  When I get home I take it off immediately.  
5.  About five years ago we switched to a Mac computer and LOVE IT.  The saying, "Once you Mac, you'll never go back."  is very true for my husband and I.
6.  Coffee is how I wake up and I'm a bit of a snob about it.  I'll drink whatever is served when I'm out, but I prefer good coffee.  My favorite is Starbucks Pike Place or Seattle's Best Breakfast Blend...unless I'm visiting my parents, then I love anything my dad roasted and brewed fresh.  mmm....
7.  My hair is naturally curly and I wear it curly every. single. day.  It was straight or slightly wavy growing up and just over ten years ago it started to curl a lot.  I've rarely straightened it since then.

So, that's it for today...some random things that tell you a little more about me.  :)  

I'll end with this encouraging poster I found on Pinterest.  It kind of sums up how I feel with regards to my weight loss journey right now: 



Have a great weekend and thanks for checking in on me!  




2 comments:

  1. I miss my mac terribly - died and I didn't get a new one. My job requires a PC. Some day I will get another mac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I relate to a lot of this. I have been collecting a lot of the cute owl things I've been seeing around! I got my daughter an owl backpack. I also love my Mac. I just got it two months ago and immediately knew I was in love!! And coffee is my main vice but I'm not giving it up!!! I love both Pike place and the Blonde Roast at Sbux!

    ReplyDelete