"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, August 6, 2012

Motivational Monday - Goals

"Motivational Monday"....Yes, I'm finding after a weekend of higher calories and less exercise I like coming on here to remind myself why I'm going to still work on my weight loss. 

One of the things that motivates me is a slight dream of mine....to be able to wear a Prior Fat Girl t-shirt.  In fact, I wasn't going to buy the t-shirt until I reached my goal weight, but Jen had to close out her store before I got there.  So, I bought this a few weeks ago and decided I'd squeeze into it (a size small in generic t-shirt sizes) and share with you all where I'm at right now.   Then I'll take a comparison pic in it when it's fit to wear in public.  



 I have to admit that I've put off posting this picture and dream due to a fear of failure to reach a healthy weight.  After reading some weight loss blogs today I decided to just do it.  I've been honest on this blog thus far, so why not put this out there as well?  

Now you know... I have a goal shirt.  It's hanging in my closet and when I see it I'm reminded that I want to wear it someday.  

Speaking of goals...

In my blog reading this morning I caught up on Lori's posts and saw her monthly post of goals for the month.  She's been doing this for a while and I thought today, "You know, it might be good to post a few goals for this month." Maybe knowing I'm trying to stick to some goals will help motivate me to make better choices this month and finish summertime strong.

So, my August goals are: 

  • Exercise 30 minutes every day (Mon-Sat) I can.  We have two more out-of-town short trips planned this month that will cut my workout days to about 3 and I don't want to scrimp on those days. 
  • Get more running in.  i'm not going to say how much, because I'm still dealing with a bit of hip pain, but I have a race I'd like to do this fall and I need/want to run again. 
  • No snacking between meals unless I'm truly hungry.  
  • Eat until satisfied when faced with meals that I'm not able to control what's being cooked (read: how to control food I don't cook on our trips.)
So, there...I am setting some goals to get me through these last weeks of summer break and I will let you know at the end of the month how it went.  

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment